On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57426699-93/google-docs-boasts-450-new-fonts-and-60-new-templates/
>
> Is there any easy way to tell how many templates we have in our
> template repository?  It might make sense to mention the templates and
> extensions repositories in our AOO 3.4 announcement, since that is a
> statement on the scope of the larger ecosystem.  Someone who
> contributes a template or writes an extension is a contributor to the
> overall OpenOffice effort.

Numbers, here we go:

- 864 Extensions, total 2856 releases
- 2340 Templates in 18 languages:

25      da
313     de
57      el
1115    en
87      es
142     fr
2       he
14      hu
100     it
133     ja
46      nl
82      pl
54      pt-br
129     ru
9       sl
19      sv
3       zh-hans
10      zh-hant

Let me add that next week we plan to go out with a blog entry about
Extensions and Templates, containing some stats and an interview to
one of the authors. If you wish we can coordinate the timing. My idea
was to publish this a couple of days after the AOO 3.4 PR. For that
day we are working on a short video showing some of the top features
of the new release.

Maybe I better move this discussion on ooo-marketing?

Roberto

--
====