Hi,

On May 4, 2012, at 4:10 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we want probably a download link/page on our Apache project page
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/

I was planning to do something similar, but $job and RSI has intruded.

> For example in the navigation bar
>
> About
> Downloads
> License
>
> On this page I would propose that we link to the src release packages and a
> second section for the binaries where we simply link to the download page on
> www.openoffice.org

I think we should offer mappings and have this page definitely download via the
Apache mirrors. I know what to do to make this work with the Apache mirror cgi.

> I am currently preparing a downloads.mdtext file and it should look a little
> bit like the src dev snaphot build page
> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/src_releases/srcrelease.html

Sure.

> Any ideas, comments or opinions

I think that in the mdtext rather than using [1] numeric links you should use
links that are descriptive eg.

[cur_mac_en_us]

I did a bunch of CMS documentation at work using tags like this and it works
well.

Point me to your downloads.mdtext when you are ready and I'll enhance.

Over time we should be able to make the CMS generate the table and links from
an XML or tab delimited table of what's currently available.

Best Regards,
Dave