Am 05/05/2012 12:08 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

On May 4, 2012, at 1:22 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

Am 05/04/2012 06:27 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM, Jürgen Schmidt
<jogischm...@googlemail.com>wrote:

Hi,

I have tested http://ooo-site.staging.**apache.org/download/test/**
index_new_dl.html<http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_new_dl.html>on
 MacOS 10.7.3 with Firefox 12.0 and Safari 5.1.5

In both cases the click on the download butotn give me the correct
download, perfect ;-)

YAY!

Some questions as release manager:

- the link "Searching for another version? Get all platforms, languages,
language packs" guide me on an old page. Do we have the new page with the
reduced number of released languages already in place?

yes, we do...it is not linked in and will need to retaing its current name
but you can see the new version at:

  http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/other_new_dl.html

I've created yesterday evening a first draft. So, please don't see it as
written in stone. And some links are not yet working.

Does "source archives" on this page provide links to our source release?

see above page...

Yes, there is a little section to provide links to the source files (should be
from Apache only).

This is what should be from the Apache Mirrors and not /dist/. You can use the
cgi url that Joe has provided.

(This is item no 10.)

Let me know if you would like me to do these changes on the new other page.

I've tried to use the aoo-closer.cgi script in the URL. But it doesn't work yet. Do you see anything incorrect in the URL?

- the link "Release Notes"
Do we have it in place as html file that fits in here? I know we have it
in the wiki and there as html as well. But is the plan here?

I just sent out a note about this. We have one in development but it's not
where it should be.

- the "MD5 checksums"
I have read that we will probably change it to "Signatures and Hashes". Do
we have the page/script behind it?

Or should we simply provide 4 links ASC, MD5, SHA1, SHA512 with a simple
script appending the correct extension. Everything else should be in place
already.

This is a BIG unanswered question at the moment-- please see the

"Distributing AOO 3.4: The 22 things we need to do before we announce"

thread...Rob's last comments...

I can create also a webpage with links to all checksums. Shouldn't be a problem.

Link to the signatures on /dist/. These are the trusted source. The page should
explain how to verify the sigs. There are many examples.

The checksums file is ready:

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/checksums_new_dl.html

Just the part "How to use checksums?" needs to be filled with text. I'll do this tomorrow.

Sorry if my questions are already answered somewhere, it's easy to miss
some mails at the moment.

No problem...there's a LOT going on...

To be honest, I think I've lost a litle bit the plot. I don't know exactly
which webpages we want, which links on them, to which mirrors. And what are the
exceptions. ;-(

Sorry.

So, I've updated our Wikipage (see the bottom) to get the overview back. Even
if this is not relevant for a longer time, it should be helpful for the next
weeks:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Distribution+Tasks

To the best of my knowledge, so please make changes if something is wrong.

I changed the source over to the Apache Mirrors.

OK

I think that the SDKs should be on the Apache mirrors, but then I can also see
good reasons to leave it alone.

I have it now for the SF mirrors. However, no problem to change the URLs to ASF mirrors.

Marcus

I want to mark item 10 done when ROb is done editing.

Regards,
Dave

Thanks

Marcus