On May 8, 2012, at 4:32 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:

> On 8 May 2012, at 21:18,  wrote:
>
>> Just another warning to not feed the trolls. Now that AOOo 3.4
>> has been announced, we are starting to see some really untoward
>> behavior by some of the more vocal LO people.
>>
>> Just let them go... the world will see that it's those people
>> who are fighting against cooperation between LO and AOOo and,
>> hopefully, wiser and saner minds will prevail.
>
> Do you have specifics, Jim? I've not seen any, just messages of
> congratulations[1]. If you forward me links I'll make sure the TDF Membership
> Committee takes a look.

Yes, I do. But I'd prefer to not share them. All one needs to
do is simply spend a minute on GOOG.

> I'm sure you're already aware, but there's is a problem in the other
> direction[2] that I'm sure you'll want to act on.

Yes, I will.... just searching where he specifically states that he's
saying such with his AOOo hat on and where, exactly, he is being troll-like.
Maybe he is simply trying to prevent his work from being
mis-represented. Or are you objecting to him exercising his
freedom in choosing how his info can be used?

Nah, it couldn't be the latter, since that would imply that
you would be more supportive of a codebase, such as LO, being
under a more permissive license, like maybe the ALv2, so anyone
and everyone could use it as they wish... like how AOOo is, and
LO isn't.