On 05/12/2012 08:49 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
While I don't quite grok what you are having issue with
regarding mdtext pages,  I can give you an example of how
to link to some named element within the current page:

     [Link text](#name)

where "name" is the id or name of the element you want
to link to.

More generally I've explained a few more of the UI design
elements just now at

     http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref#organization

Well I wasn't as clear as I could have been either. :/

When I use the CMS bookmarklet to edit one of the mdtext pages, I am presented with a very limited set of "functions" I can use vis a vis the toolbar presented to me. And the WMD link presented,
http://www.wmd-editor.com/,

doesn't seem to work -- I was going to use this to get to more information.

So thanks for the info you provided above. Because I couldn't get anywhere with the WMD link, I wasn't sure what to do. Maybe I put more thought into this then was needed, though...I guess i could have just entered markdown directly.

The CMS build scripts really don't need much explaining
as they don't actually contain very much rendering logic themselves,
all that information is in the per-project site's trunk/lib/path.pm
and trunk/lib/view.pm.

OK, well then, something that was suggested to me vis a vis using the build scripts to generate some dynamic elements in a page, might not work. This is a "down the road" project and something that would be nice for us but not absolutely needed now. I will get back on some options regarding this type of thing later. Higher priority items right now...

HTH