On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 14:32 -0700, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 05/11/2012 05:42 AM, drew jensen wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 18:01 +0800, Chao Huang wrote:
> >> I'm trying on Ubuntu 11.04. But got failed :(
> >>
> >> Do I have to upgrade my system from 11.04 to 11.10?
> >
> > Yes - for that particular PPA - that would be true.
> >

> >> *sudo add-apt-repository ppa:upubuntu-com/office*
> >>
> >> *sudo apt-get update*
> >> **
> >> *sudo apt-get install openoffice*
>
> OK, drew, *
>
> I see this  is still in the install guide...maybe, given other
> considerations that have recently popped up (so many in fact!), we
> should just remove it?
>
> What do you think?

I think you are right, in that it should not be on that page. I think we
(and I mean we) might of jumped a little too quickly there.

IMO upubuntu.com is, from what I can ascertain, acting in a way which
the project should not, necessarily, object to as there seems no real
harm, however one which personally I am not comfortable with. I rather
think in this case they certainly should of sought the project's
approval first.

With an eye to location on our site, as is, I would not put a link on
this page[1], it makes it seem too much a recommended and sanctioned
distribution IMO.

I would not be against treating it as a short term news item, and
perhaps in whatever manner the group decides to treat sites offering
CD(DVD) images or disks.

//drew

[1]
http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html#other_linux