Andrea Pescetti schrieb:
> Indeed, download size for the sources is not a big problem (size of
> binaries is the issue) but thanks for the analysis: it will be useful if
> someone wishes to redistribute OpenOffice on CD-ROM and include source
> code, which as far as I know is optional with the current license.

Thanks for your reply.

For users of source based Linux distros like Gentoo, or users that
choose to build from source on their otherwise binary distro, the source
tarball size is more important. Even if the number of such users is
small, they can be made happier at almost no cost. The bz2 tarball could
even be dropped as it compresses worse and takes longer to decompress
than xz, keeping gz for those who value decompression speed over
download size.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn