Hi Fernand,

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 05:40:42PM +0200, Fernand Vanrie wrote:
> Ariel ,
>
> Thanks very instructive (as always) but can you tell me why this
>
> "com.sun.star.document.Settings"
>
> are not available as a property off the document ?

I guess it was a design choice. This how it works in the different
modules, Dev's Guide, section "Overall Document Features" for every
document type:

- service ::com::sun::star::sheet::DocumentSettings

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Spreadsheets/Settings
- service ::com::sun::star::text::DocumentSettings
  http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Text/Settings
- service ::com::sun::star::presentation::DocumentSettings
- service ::com::sun::star::drawing::DocumentSettings

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Drawings/Settings

I guess we could think of an css::document::XDocumentSettingsSupplier,
using multiple inheritance, it could be implemented in the main
interface of every document type, for Writer, css::text::XTextDocument.
For AOO 4 we should think about using multiple inheritance to easy the
API use in strong typed languages.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile