On Thursday, May 24, 2012, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Kay Schenk
> > <kay.sch...@gmail.com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:

> > > why not! :)
> > >

> > OK. I'll work with Don on this.    But after this I suggest we only
> > note the downloads at 5 million intervals.  Otherwise we will spend
> > too much time writing news articles and too little time improving
> > OpenOffice.
> >

> this definitely makes sense...
>
> We might note that June 1 is the first anniversary OpenOffice with Apache.

My birthday is June 2, so I'll be sure to note other milestones! :))

> Maybe the new DL stats announcement, if the timeline is right, might make
> note of this and include a mention of how successful this new
> environment/arrangement has been for OpenOffice. Just a thought.

IMHO, we need to return focus to the need to profile community members so
we better know each other. I have a short piece on Dave Fisher ready to go
in June. Let's work up more of these....please.

Louis and Nancy had volunteered previously. Anyone else want to do a 'Meet
and Greet'?