Hello,

I run support for SourceForge, and one of my colleagues (Roberto) passed on
this message to me. Perhaps I can shed some light on this.

It looks like the previous attempt to host a Debian repo on our site[1] was
using the "Project Web" hosting space on our site, however, that space is
designed to be used only for web site content, not downloads. That
rationale, coupled with past abuse on that space led to us implementing the
bandwidth limits.
[1]http://apacheoo-deb.sourceforge.net/

The File Release System[2] on the other hand, does not have said bandwidth
limits, and while I haven't done this myself, I've heard from several users
that they've had no problems setting up a Debian repos in this space. They
said that all they did was set up the repo locally, then used rsync[3] to
upload it to the File Release System. Doing it this way also gives the
added benefit of utilizing both our worldwide mirror system, as well as our
file statistics systems.
[2]http://sourceforge.net/projects/apacheoo-deb/files/
[3]https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Rsync%20over%20SSH

Let me know if this helps!