Hi All,

Here is my installation experience, it seems to vary somewhat from some
others experiences.

Environment: Windows 7 64 Bit, experience was same of both Desktop and
Laptop.

1. Download OpenOffice 3.4 from openoffice.org mirror. -- Time: 2 minutes.

2. Unpack . -- Time: < 1 minute.

3. Install. -- Time: 2 minutes.

4. Erm, nothing e4lse, we are done!

It really was as painless and quick as that. Well Done Guys n Gals!

I do have a few observations that someone might think Bugzilla worthy (all
minor):

a. UAC - Publisher is 'Unknown' . The User Account Control really should
have 'Apache Software Foundation'
   as the Publisher. (Note that in the Add/Remove programs section shows
'OpenOffice.org' as  the Publisher.

b. The program 'Unpacks' to a folder on the 'Desktop' - Why? Really we
should be choosing the 'Downloads' folder.

c. The final installation folder is 'OpenOffice.org 3' -- I think this
should change to 'openoffice3'

d. During Installation the 'FileType' choices has 'Microsoft Word Documents'
ticked by default, as per other email
    threads, perhaps this should be un-ticked by default but still show the
screen during install so it can be ticked easily.

e. Once installed, clicking 'Start' shows 'OpenOffice.org Base' program on
the start menu, perhaps we can try for the main
     'OpenOffice.org' jump menu first or 'Writer' ??

That's it.

Gav...