Hi,

On 07.06.2012 15:12, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Rob Weir<robw...@apache.org>  wrote:
Hi,

from what we have experienced so far from the "first phase" of the OOo
3.3 update service it makes sense to me to have the full OOo 3.3 update
service working at the end of this week.

As we would like to direct our users to a localized download page, if
possible, I want to put our attention on the "planned" download pages.
Rob already started a similar thread - namely "Audit of NL home pages"
[1], but I am not sure, if the one or the other already took action.

Please provide feedback regarding to which page the OOo 3.3 update
functionality should direct the user for these languages.

Arabic ->  ?

Chinese (simplified) ->  ?

Chinese (traditional) ->  ?

Czech ->  ?

Dutch ->  http://www.openoffice.org/nl/downloaden.html

English (US) ->  http://www.openoffice.org/download

French ->  http://www.openoffice.org/fr/Telecharger/

Galician ->  ?

German ->  ?

German ->  http://www.openoffice.org/download

On the mainpage "http://www.openoffice.org/de/"; there is only one big link
that
points to the central download webpage.

However, there are still some errors, so I'll update the site a bit to
make it
more Apache-like.

Thx for the feedback.

Thus, for German we will direct the user to English (US) download page.

Question for discussion:
Should we use the English (US) download page as a fallback for the languages
for which we have no localized download page?
orw's opinion: I am not in favor of such a fallback, but I currently see no
other solution.

I think we still want to gradually enable the upgrade notifications
over the next week.  Maybe we start with those that have good NL
download pages.  But at the end, we really need to enable everyone to
upgrade.  AOO 3.4 has important security patches.  So at the end, if
there is no good NL page we would direct them to the default English
page.   And if we get an improved NL page in the future, we can add
support for that,

I just checked the traffic, I think we could add other countries by
now, at least from an infrastructure perspective.

For example we could add US, that is the fourth country by daily visits.

Ok, I will add en-US tomorrow morning 10:00 (GMT+2).

Best regards, Oliver.