Dave Fisher wrote:
Wearing my IPMC and PPMC hats. I've changed blog entry titles. Sorry
for our oversight (or lack). Thanks for yours.

Was it really necessary? In the meantime, Rob had edited the blog entries to insert:

(Apache OpenOffice is currently undergoing Incubation at the Apache Software Foundation.)

and this seems a good trade-off to me, much more than adding "(incubating)" to the title, which will confuse users, especially non-native speakers (but also native speakers won't always be able to guess what "incubating" means in this context).

Honestly, I'd be for linking "undergoing Incubation" (in the clauses Rob added) to Don's post https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/what_is_a_podling or some more official explanation, and removing "(incubating)" from the titles.

This would give all interested parties the opportunity to discover what "incubating" means, which is probably the rationale behind the rule to use "(incubating)" everywhere, and at the same time would keep titles easily readable.

Regards,
  Andrea.