On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:23:56 +0200
RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/6/26  <w...@comcast.net>:
> > Hello,
> > I am a observer for the National Weather Service and I use a old version of
> > Microsoft Publisher to enter and publish my daily observations...with
> > publisher I can set up a file/folder and insert multiple pages at once,
> > putting the same text on each page thereby eliminating having to type or
> > copy and paste to every page, can just enter the numerical data from my
> > instruments on a daily basis…
> > I have been researching and experimenting with Open Office but unable at
> > this time to find a method where I can do on Open Office, what I can on
> > Publisher..it seems all you have is “Page Break”..is there a method with
> > your program that I can use like in Publisher??. Would appreciate any
> > feedback or assistance you can give me at this time as I am looking for a
> > replacement for Publisher..
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Larry Woller
> > COOP/SWOP Observer, NWS, ILX
> > Ogden, Illinois 61859
> >

> Writer is not a DPT program: it is based on content flow, not on page
> layout like, for example, scribus. Bot nothing prevent you from
> copy/paste that "unit of content" you want to repeat several times,
> separating each one with a page break. You can even automate those
> page breaks: it is really easy to associate a page break with a
> particular paragraph style so you can set the first paragraph of the
> "block" to automatically insert a page break before it.
>
> With Writer you can also think of keeping a one page document and pick
> you data from a database... but that's another question ;)
>
> For any problem with Writer or any other component, you can use our
> community forums:
>
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php
>
> Regards

It should be possible to set up a Template which had all the headings and
spaces laid out; it is only then necessary to fill in the particulars.  See
this tutorial on creating a new default template
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1161

I would suggest you bring this query to the Forum at
which will advise how best to approach this problem.

It might also be approached by linking a database to OpenOffice's Base (a front
end) and using that to populate a report form.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>