On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Cherise Kelley
<cherise_kel...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any chance that Open Office will add the option to save as
> Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing ready mobi or prc
> and Barnes and Noble ready epub
> and iBookstore ready files, etc?

Hello Cherise,

There are some extensions that give some ebook support, which you can
find by searching our extensions site here:

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org

However, I am not aware of any current initiative to add such support
to the core program.

Apache OpenOffice is an open source software, programmed, translated,
tested and supported by volunteers.   So there is certainly the
possibility to add such support, but only if volunteers step up to
write the code, or an author of existing code agrees to contribute it
to the project.  If you know anyone who might be interested in this,
please send them here, to this mailing list.