Hi Jürgen,

Jürgen Schmidt schrieb:
On 7/12/12 1:18 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
On 7/11/12 3:19 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
On 7/11/12 2:43 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Jürgen Schmidt
<jogischm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
On 7/11/12 1:13 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
obsolete over time and will be replaced by
wiki.openoffice.org
user.openoffice.org (or better users.openoffice.org)

Good, but I would definitely add
forum.openoffice.org
too as the Forum address (singular; the fact that there are actually 10
different forum environments for the different languages is irrelevant).

I am fine with this

user.services.openoffice.org -> forum.openoffice.org

The former Urls should remain valid but the new ones should be used in
the future and we should replace all occurrences on our web sites...

+1, assuming these are all done as HTTP 301 "permanent redirect"

Also,  we'll need to make sure we don't intefere with the update
servers, which are also services.openoffice.org domains.  MirrorBrain
too, I think.  So maybe only redirect very specific subdomains.

I agree but we should get rid of the *.services.openoffice.org urls
completely over time. Means we need a new url for the update
notifications in the future and ???.

Means a case by case switch and 1 Jira issue for each ;-)

FYI

after some discussion on IRC, 5042 is obsolete now and will be covered
by 5041

?? wiki.services.openoffice.org will be redirected to forum.openoffice.org ? That sounds not correct for me.

Kind regards
Regina