Hi Ariel,

Ariel Constenla-Haile schrieb:
Hi Jürgen,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 08:25:16AM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
I haven't checked the underlying code and haven't tried it completely
but I created a short extension that set the 2 properties to false.

org - openoffice -Office - Common - Misc
- UseDocumentSystemFileLocking = false org - openoffice -Office
- Common - Misc - UseDocumentOOoLockFile = false

It does not work (I tried with a macro too). After restarting, these
properties are indeed set to false, but files are still locked (at least
on Linux/Fedora 17). Something might be broken on the source code.

I have tried it using the environment variables STAR_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING, STAR_PROFILE_LOCKING_DISABLED, and SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING. If you search for these you will find posts, where they are proposed as solution to prevent file locking. But I could not make it work (WinXP).

Kind regards
Regina