The Google Webmaster Tools is a service Google provides to help manage
how the website interacts with their search engine, mainly with the
indexer.  It has facilities for submitting sitemaps, defining what URL
parameters to ignore, limiting crawl rates, etc.  It also has some
useful diagnostic reports, such as a list of broken links found by the
Google crawler, which pages are not optimized for search (for example
by not having a <title>), etc.  It even allows one to request a page
be removed from the Google index.

Currently Andrew and I are the only one with access for the
www.openoffice.org domain.  But I think it makes sense for anyone who
is taking a "whole website" view of things to have access, especially
so they can periodically check in for reports of problems, like
missing pages.  So maybe Davie and Kay? Anyone from Infra?

If you want access, please send me the email address you use for Google.