On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Kevin Grignon
<kevingrignon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It appears that MS Office 2013 is starting to be reviewed. Check out the
> C|NET review and supporting screen shots:
>
> http://reviews.cnet.com/office-suites/the-new-microsoft-office/4505-3524_7-35374636.html

What I thought was interesting was that they were no longer going to
support Windows XP and Vista.   Office 2013 will require Windows 7 or
8.

If we look at OpenOffice, only 58% of our Windows downloaders have
been on Windows 7. (<1% Wndows 8).  So 42% or so on versions of
Windows that will not be supported in next version of MS Office.

It will be interesting to see what happens around April 2014, when
both Windows XP and Office 2003 support ends.  There could be a few
hundred million users looking for a Windows productivity suite that is
still supported by someone.

-Rob