I support QuickStart, too.

The only issue I had was that it started in full screen mode in version 3.4.

Kind regards
Jürgen

Am 18.07.2012 07:30, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
On 18/07/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
Well supposedly problems with it have been fixed, but quickstarter does
seem to have its issues. ...
Maybe this is worth a performance test, to see whether QuickStart
really is quick, and by how much?

Besides making startup "quicker", it also makes access to new documents creation and file opening handier, since the tray icon can be right-clicked for several common functions.

I'd support keeping it active by default. The main reason to disable QuickStart in OpenOffice 3.4 is that it starts in full-screen mode due to a bug already fixed for 3.4.1.

Regards,
  Andrea.