On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2012, at 7:24 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to move my download stats HTML age into the website.
>>
>> Original file is here:  http://people.apache.org/~robweir/aoo-downloads.html
>>
>> As you can see it triggers the load of the data and the drawing the
>> charts, as well as resizing when the window is resized, via this
>> declaration:

>> But when processed by the CMS template, this is lost.  It looks like
>> everything within the source <body> is put into the new document, but
>> any event hooks declared the original <body> are not carried over to
>> the new <body>.
>>
>> Would it be possible to add this support?
>
> Yes - this is half way built on ooo-site. The perl side has been done for
> sometime.
>
> It is something more to check tonight with QA change.
>
>     if ($args{content} =~
> m!<head.*?>(.*?)</head>(?:.*?<body(.*?)>)?(.*?)(?:</body>|\Z)!si) {
>         @args{qw/header bodytag content/} = ($1, $2, $3);
>     }

I was hoping to make it through life without learning Perl.  I may
need to change my plans.

> It is the bodytag. I plan to change the above to extract the html head title.
> Also general change from header to head (to avoind confusion with headers
> which come from mdtext.)
>
> In templates/skeleton.html

> is changed to

> But my concern is a lot of NL sites use this, so I wanted to be careful.
>
> I did have a different notion to support your downloads graph, but the above
> needs to be finished.
>
> The decision will be whether to do this at the same time as the Google
> analytics. More this evening. BTW - I'm west coast.

I'm fine with staging it.  If something goes wrong it will be easier
to debug if just one thing changes at a time.

How long does the complete rebuild of ooo-site take?  I can help
verify the staged copy, if it is not too late.  I'm east coast.  So
early evening your time, 7 or 8pm would find me still awake.

-Rob