On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> But I am concerned that several of the auctions seem to be selling old
> versions of OpenOffice including 3.2 and 3.1.  These earlier versions
> lack important security fixes and those who distribute old versions,
> without a warning, are putting their customers at risk.

If you ask me (which you haven´t ;) this is a tempest in a teapot.
Move along, nothing to see here. Which is exactly new about people
selling ancient software on eBay??. In fact some might want to buy
ancient software due to being a collector´s item etc.

IE I bought an original version  of Paint Shop Pro 5.0, released at
the time of the Windows 98 release or thereabout. It turns out to be
the best bitmap editor I´ve seen (for my needs), works well under WINE
on Linux, and beinfg designed to run on Pentium I computers with
64-128MB of RAM, just flies in today´s hardware.

Previously to that, I used Micrografx Picture Publisher 4.0 which I
used for about a decade (16-bit windows 3.x app under 32-bit IBM
OS/2).

I don´t see Microsoft going after people selling Microsoft OS/2 1.2 on
eBay or Windows 3.11 boxes or Windows 2000. Why should Apache waste
time on this non-issue?.

The only conceivable way Apache should be concerned is if someone
labels it "the latest version of Open Office" and sells outdated
versions instead. Is that the case here?.

Just my $0.02
FC
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell