On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 8:02 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> The release candidate artifacts (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 20 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating) can be found on the
> following wiki page:
>
> hhttps://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOO3.4.1
>

> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1
> (incubating).
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
>    Saturday, 18 August: 2012-08-18 2:00pm UTC+2.
>
> After the vote of the PPMC the vote will start on
> gene...@incubtor.apache.org mailing and will be open for further 72 hours.
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
>    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating)
>    [ ]  0 Don't care
>    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...

+1

In retrospect we probably should have created a separate
[VOTE][DISCUSS] thread to make it easier to find the real votes.
Something for next time...

I posted my test results earlier, mainly trying various install and
upgrade scenarios.  I know this was a source of pain for some with AOO
3.4.0 so I thought it could use an extra look.  I didn't find any
problems.

Today I downloaded the source tar.gz for the Release Candidate and
built it on a new Ubuntu 10.04 LTS VM.   I have a few things that I'll
add to the Building Guide based on my experience, but overall it was
quite smooth.  I'm not exactly a guru Linux programmer.  If I can
figure this out then anyone can.

Good work, all!