Am 08/19/2012 10:45 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
Dave Fisher wrote:
We were supposed to wait to publish.
Author: pescetti
Date: Sun Aug 19 15:08:26 2012
New Revision: 829379

What did I publish? If it was only (like the diff showed)
http://www.openoffice.org/it/stampa/comunicati/aoo341.html
then it's OK to have it online. It's not linked and I prefer to prepare
pages online in advance and only link them at the last minute.

If I accidentally published something else, just let me know, but from
the diff it seemed I was only going to publish the page above and that
was intentional... Unless we want to keep the pages offline (on staging)
until the announcement, but then there's the risk that we cannot catch
errors in internal links.

@all:

Sorry but IMHO this process failed. Just today evening (Hamburg time) someone has published again website changes.

If we rely on a process that is so fragile, then IMHO we shouldn't do this. Because there will be always somebody:

- who doesn't know this

- who isn't aware of the consequences of her/his changes
  (do you all know that a change on a NL webpage will also
  publish everything else in staging?)

- who hasn't seen a "please don't publish the website until further
  notice" mail
  (to be honest, I haven't seen a clear note that is
  forbidden at the moment, too)

- etc.

The other solution would be to completely not change anything (incl. no commits) to the website until the release is, e.g., 1 hour away which is also nothing I would like to see as it's not flexible enough.

Are there other opinions/suggestions?

My 2 ct.

Marcus