Hello folks,

I have been using Conditional Text feature quite a bit, but I have following
gripes with it:

1. It is not possible to have more than one else clause. Something similar to
switch/case. Or am I missing something?

2. In general, when combined with field variables, this feature is somewhat
harder to use for end user. My main problems being, setting variable part is
not intuitive. Once you create a variable, it is not editable.

So, for my needs I am contemplating to write a extension that simplifies this
feature.

1. Allow more than one condition to be specified.
2. Variable declaration and specifying conditional text happens in one screen.

However, before I actually start writing the code, I would like to know if
something like this was attempted before. Also, since I am new to OpenOffice
development side of things, I am wondering, what will be best way to write the
extension. Should I explore OpenOffice UNO API or Visual Basic Scrpting
interface will suffice?

With Regards
Hemant Kumar
http://twitter.com/gnufied