2012/8/30 Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>:
> On 30.08.2012 04:09, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
>>
>> +1 for test data and test script in a separated tree. Test documents
>> should
>> never be distributed together with product code. Only the sample documents
>> in tutorials should.
>> Another advantage for a separated QE tree is that a volunteer can download
>> any AOO build and run the same test suite from the QE tree again and
>> again,
>> a easy way of regression and even automation.
>

> Good idea, a third use case: use pre-built office and only the test/ source
> code.
Right! The current main/test is not used for code unit test.  It 's
used to test a real AOO instance.

>> A complex situation maybe the UT by developer that calls internal
>> functions. Sometimes developers like to write UT code together with the
>> product code. But will a sample document be used in UT?
>

> Even when we move the testing stuff one level higher to be on the same level
> as main/ and ext_libraries/ then an SVN checkout still puts it on your local
> disk.  The advantage of that move would be that
>
> a) you can avoid checking out test/ and
> b) it becomes easier to avoid including test/ in the source release.

No problem for me to move test up. ooo/trunk/main/test -> ooo/trunk/test
It's OK for me.  Except of  test module, there is a lot of other test
legacy which should be moved up or removed from svn. e.g.
testautomation, smoketestdoc, smoketestoo_native        , qadevOOo, {Some
Modules}/qa, and testgraphical.
It's a complex thing. I can volunteer for this.

--
Best Regards