On 9/4/12 3:42 AM, Lei Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So we have plan to remove import/export code from application
> modules(sw,sc,sd...) and implement import/export function in binfilter. Is
> there any document about this feature? What's the current status ?

no, the plan is more to drop the older binary formats and to drop the
ugly binfilter module. I think a good candidate for this drop is the
next major version.

This is of course a change where people will have different opinions on
it. But I personally see no real problem, the code becomes smaller, the
officer becomes smaller and the old formats can be migrated by an
existing version, for example AOO 3.4.

The default is ODF and most users don't use the older binary formats.
But again these formats can be migrated with existing and still
available older version of the office.

We should start a new thread to discuss this drop of binfilter for the
next major version.

Juergen