We have done tests here and it works as described: when a synchronous call
follows previous oneway calls, it waits until the oneeways are finished. The
sequence is ordered for the caller thread.

We used OpenOffice URE and SDK sources Version 2.3.0 (OO680_m5).

As far as I remember our company chose UNO as backbone of the newer,
component-based parts of the software because of

- the minimal overhead when calling into a service when it is in the same
process (a virtual method call)
- the ability to cope with a large number of interfaces and services, also
regarding compile times
- ease of debugging and the possibility to debug across component borders

They use oneway calls a lot: in this way they can reduce the IPC traffic
between clients and a server application. At the end of a task they issue a
synchronous call, collecting the results form so-called "remote variables".

Thanks, Karsten

--
Dr. Karsten Burger

Telefon 0171 124 134 8