Am Samstag, 15. September 2012 um 04:18 schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 02:45:20PM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> > first of all it would be nice if you start a new mail thread for a new
> > topic.
> >
> > The name of the toolbar is generated automatically when you don't
> > specify it. It is a very annoying design bug from my point of view that
> > you can't easy define a name in the context where you define your
> > toolbar. But anyway it was on our wish to-do list in the past and is
> > still not implemented.
> >

> I have a fix for this, but is on my queue to AOO 4.0 because it will be
> an incompatible change:

nice to hear that you have already a fix ;-)

> * now the toolbar is described as a set of toolbar items, see
> /trunk/main/officecfg/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/Addons.xcs
>
> * to allow localizable names in the toolbar definition, it must be
> changed to be a group node consisting of a localizable ToolbarName and
> a set of ToolbarItems
>
> Another solution would be to add a new set to AddonUI containing
> localized names for toolbars, but this sound an awful design.

agree, I would prefer the cleaner design as well. The question will be how we
can handle existing addons. We will need a good migration story for our
extension developers as well as for our users.

We should think about it early enough.

But again, cool that you have already worked on it.

Juergen