Hello All,

Great topic. I too belong to the "less is more" school. Great in theory,
harder to realize with a moving ship ;)

Re: connectors
- this is a great way to extend the core
- perhaps we could create a stronger development eco-system for extensions
- perhaps we could make the extension more consumable and discoverable for
end users

Re: smaller footprint
- this is also great
- perhaps the core becomes so light that it can be the base for full on
custom applications
- I assume this is a core theme in Future AOO? Hope so
- build a full eco-system like Firefox, or Evernote
- the default install for AOO could include the core, and some common
extensions
- then we make it easy for people to manage extensions
- perhaps we explore ways for people to discover and access extension to
extend the core in the context of a task
ex: I'm doing some advanced publishing, and I trigger a one-click
installation of an extension from within an AOO view or dialog related to
formating content --  on demand capabilities
- more broadly, we could provide a better experience to enable or disable
extensions on demand

Thoughts?

Oh ya, I wanted to mention that UX is in the process of deploying a task
prioritization
survey<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_Survey_Templates_-_Task_Prioritization>,
the results of which can feed into the conversation.

Regards,
Kevin