On Oct 8, 2012, at 9:06 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org> wrote:
>> The proposed PMC chair is not an officer of the PPMC.  The PPMC has no chair.
>>
>> I suppose the updated graduation resolution would need to be balloted here.
>> Then the IPMC can vote on it on their list for graduation.
>>
>> Also, all of the things that a PPMC is supposed to have been done need to be
>> checked off somewhere - on the podling status page, I expect.
>>
>> Meanwhile ...
>>

>> Different question.
>>
>> I nose around in the Symphony code from time to time and I notice there is
>> no reflection of the grant and availability under ALv2 has occurred.
>>

> We were notified that the grant was received.
>
>> Is it expected that something be done about that?  There are files that are
>>
>>  - still under Sun LGPL license,
>>  - some that add an IBM License and copyright under private license
>>  - some that claim an IBM Copyright and provide no license whatsoever,
>>    although there is a notice concerning government use
>>

> Yes, this needs to be cleaned up before any of this is part of a
> release.  But it is not a graduation issue.  Remember, an SGA may come
> from anywhere, at any time, before graduation or after graduation.
> This is blessing, not a problem.  But the code does need to be
> reviewed and brought in line with policy before it can be part of a
> release.

It is still work that ought to be done sooner rather than later. And the header
work should be done by someone from IBM. Who might that be?

Whoever it is should be doing it already. There is no excuse to delay.

BTW - Large software grants go through the incubator. TLPs do this. [1]

I think that not clearing the Symphony grant might be a graduation problem for
some on the IPMC. It will certainly be discussed.

Regards,
Dave

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html