On 14 October 2012 05:01, Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org> wrote:

> On 10/14/2012 12:06 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Wayne;
>>>
>>> I am not aware of anyone working with us on an iOS port.
>>>
>>> The IBM Lotus Symphony Viewer will work for read-only purposes:
>>> https://itunes.apple.com/us/**app/ibm-lotus-symphony-viewer/**
>>> id482597218?mt=8<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibm-lotus-symphony-viewer/id482597218?mt=8>
>>>

>>> And there's also RollApp:
>>>
>>> https://www.rollapp.com/**OpenOffice<https://www.rollapp.com/OpenOffice>
>>>

>>> cheers,
>>>
>>> Pedro.
>>>

>> This reminds me...do we want to add "rollapp" to the porting page?
>>
>>   https://www.rollapp.com/**OpenOffice<https://www.rollapp.com/OpenOffice>
>>

> It's certainly considerable.

Something like this is probably the best option in the short term for a
"cloud based" or" mobile version" of AOO. It might even be a better option
to support this method than keep having to port to many mobile OSs. We need
to consider this in marketing. If it can be made to work well it might be
better for some organisations than having to install, maintain and upgrade
local network versions of AOO. I know at least one school that has gone
back to MSO after having problems managing OOo on their network.

Peter

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940