On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 3:42 AM, Fan Zheng <zheng.easy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, All:
>
> I am confused about the UX specifications of document representation
> requirement on mobile devices, that which is the most first important point
> should be, the different device condition adaptability of layout result? or
> the fidelity of the document originally recorded?

Generally both modes are supported.  And sometimes it varies based on
the format.

For example, PDF files are fixed-layout.  So they require you to "zoom
and pan" on smaller screens.  But larger screens, like Kindle DX or
iPad can show a full PDF page.

ePub and MOBI digital book files are designed to reflow according to
screen size and user's font size preferences.

But some content types, like magazines on the Kindle, can work both
ways.  The user can choose to have a full-page layout that mimics the
original printed magazine.  Or they can choose to have it reflow per
the screen and font size.

So ideally we would want to support both.

-Rob