On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org> wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 10:23 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> Well, I wanted to wait until Sumanyu Satpathy sends a usable request to
>>> the
>>> mailing list here. So far the mails that have been landing here refer
>>> attachments that have been stripped off.
>>>

>> Surely you as moderator have received the attachments?  Just get on
>> with it and explain what the request it.  Asking the sender to debug
>> this is probably not going to work.
>

> It already worked half way. I prefer to help people to help themselves. That
> makes it easier for them to come back later, standing on their own feet.

Do you really think that we'll hear from them again?  Even if the same
company needed permission from us again (unlikely) the chances are
that we'd get a request from a different employee.  Taking time to
explain the technical limitations of our mailing list to a random
office worker is not an investment that will ever pay off.

All that is happening is we're delaying getting this request to the
party that actually has the authority to grant permission, namely V.P.
isn't the easiest resolution to ask them to forward their request to
trademarks@ ???

-Rob