Hi Andrea,

OK, but if a developer bumps into German comments while investigating
code, it doesn't harm to check in a translation to English. Most of our
more experienced developers know German and English, so it won't be
problematic to find someone who can ensure that the translation is correct.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that a systematic translation of German
comments makes sense, since there are modules that are or will soon be
deprecated; it probably makes more sense to translate when needed.

you got it: This way ("translate when needed") is preferable for all code that is not deprecated. Fortunately there are a lot of developers here who can understand those comments and who could help to translate them into English but translating shouldn't be the main focus eg. just for counting code changes like within our main fork (hint hint...).

Kind regards, Joost