KG01 - see comments inline

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Shenfeng Liu <liush...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/11/1 Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
>
> > On 11/1/12 11:09 AM, Lei Wang wrote:
> > > I like beveled tab option.
> >
> > me too and it was already planned in the past to extend the existing
> > solution.
> >

> +1 to Beveled tab option.
>

> > > One question, what kinds of content should be put into the sidebar? A
> > > navigator window or a style list window should be put into sidebar as a
> > tab
> > > panel.
> >
> > I think that are good examples and Symphony has used it in a good way
> > too. But I am also looking forward to make more more use of it to via
> > extensions and integrate in other systems. It can be a file browser on a
> > CMS  where you can checkin/checkout files, can share files, etc.. It can
> > be a property SideBar as we know it from Symphony.
> >

> property sidebar is a good candidate to implement in phase I. No need to
> migrated every thing from Symphony sidebar, but start from some frequent
> used buttons.

KG01 - This is an important point. Any enhancements to the existing AOO
sidebar should leverage the best user experience elements from both
Symphony and AOO. In addition, while we are updating this code we can
address any other known issues.

I have already completed an analysis of each tool's sidebar, strengths and
weaknesses and captured some recommendations.

See the analysis doc on the Dockable Task Pane (Side bar) Design
Exploration
page<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_4.0_Dockable_Task_Pane_%28Task_Bar%29_Design_Exploration>on
the AOO UX wiki.