Hi Gary,

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 12:06:03PM -0700, NoOp wrote:
> >> Released version AOO 3.4.0 linux (.deb) 32bit&  64bit /opt (non-distro)
> >> install, En(US), 2 32bit machines, 64bit machine:
> >> Note: I would have copy&  pasted the 'About' info, but Apache haven't
> >> figure out how to allow the info to be C&P'ed yet).
> >>
> >> I can get AOO to crash simply by opening the AOO main menu, select
> >> Tools|Options|OpenOffice.org. Also crashes at random with a Write or
> >> Calc document open, but the T|O|O option seems to be easier to replicate
> >> the crash. Java is:

This seemed to be the typical post-install error reported in Linux when
AOO is installed without removing every OOo package before (and taking
care that there is no /opt/openoffice.org* folder).

> From previous dates I have a 'document_io_logring.txt' with data like
> this in it:
>
> /mnt/build/openoffice/apache/clean/trunk/main/package/source/xstor/xstorage.cxx:<unknown>:3206;
> Rethrow
> /mnt/build/openoffice/apache/clean/trunk/main/sfx2/source/doc/sfxbasemodel.cxx:<unknown>:1604;
> storeSelf
> /mnt/build/openoffice/apache/clean/trunk/main/sfx2/source/doc/sfxbasemodel.cxx:<unknown>:1615;
> unexpected parameter for storeSelf, might be no problem if SaveAs is
> executed.

This logging shouldn't be enable in a common build, please file a bug to
deactivate it. Looking at the code, the file is not even removed at any
time, and the information is completely useless for the end user; on the
contrary, it is rather misleading.

> That said, it would be nice if AOO provided crash data. I'll run an
> strace & see if that shows anything.

The Crash Report functionality is still built on Linux platform, though
you won't be able to get the trace nor send the report because it all
was deactivated, as it depends on a SOAP service that AOO no longer
runs.

If you want to enable the crash report (on Linux, I've no idea how this
stuff works on other platforms), simply edit the file
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/bootstraprc and add a dummy URL in

ErrorReportServer=http://www.dummy.com/

You can always manually check the Crash Report underlying data and
configuration by looking at the following files:

$HOME/.crash_reportrc
$HOME/.crash_report_preview

This files get deleted when crashrep exits:

$HOME/.crash_report_frames
$HOME/.crash_report_checksum
$HOME/.crash_report_unsent

Please file a bug report to reintroduce this functionality if you find
it useful. If the SOAP service cannot be set up here at the ASF, at
least we could use xdg-email in Linux ;)

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina