Dear James, When I used the  old Open Office I never had any problems with
my spell checker or my synonyms  --- it just worked. When I received word
that a new advanced copy of  Open Office was ready for download, I did
download the newer program  thinking it was better. To my shock I lost my spell
checker and my synonyms. As  a writer both are necessary for my writing. I am
presently using 3.4 and have  now found my dictionaries, but nothing more.
Originally, as you, I also got  the red underlines even though my words were
spelled correctly. It seems  that the old Open Office, put together by the
old tech's, were much better than  the team working on it presently.  Now, at
least I have my spell  checker correctly and do not have the underlines as
you referred to. Sincerely,  Michael Joel Held hel...@aol.com

In a message dated 10/8/2012 12:27:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,