Thanks Mike and Rick for the clarification.  As to the idea of doing
both an OPTIONS keyword and an ::options directive, this seems
unecessary to me.  The keyword form would only provide a one-line way of
specifying the choices that could be specified with multiple statements
like:
numeric digits 18
numeric form engineering
numeric fuzz 2
trace off

However, STRICTNOVALUE is a new choice so perhaps we need a way to
specify that choice in a non-directive way?

Mike Cowlishaw wrote:

>  > Let me first say that I am in favor of a mechanism to globally specify
>  > the various items that have been proposed for ::options.  But I am not
>  > clear on why this needs to be a new directive when the language and
>  > standard provide for the OPTIONS keyword.  Any help would be appreciated
>  > :-)
>
> For a program that's stand-alone in a file, the OPTIONS instruction is
> fine, but the ::OPTIONS directive would apply to all
> methods/subroutines/functions in a file.
>
> Actually it would make sense to define these as a OPTIONS instruction,
> and then just say that ::OPTIONS is just like putting OPTIONS at the
> start of every routine.  Then programmers could mix & match as desired.
>
> Mike

> /
> /
>
> /Unless stated otherwise above:
> 741598.
> Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU/

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

Gil Barmwater