Terminate() does not terminate threads, it terminates the interpreter
instance.  The termination call can only be made on the original
thread that created the interpreter instance and will wait for any
other threads to terminate before shutting down the instance.

Halt() can be issued from any thread, and does not even require an
AttachThread() call since it is a method of the instance context.

There's no way to determine if there are any threads active on the
instance, and I really doubt it is safely possible.

The legacy APIs can be used, but I really don't recommend their usage.
 They really just map down into the appropriate Halt() calls.

Rick