From: Rick McGuire [mailto:object.r...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 11:24 AM
To: Open Object Rexx Developer Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Oorexx-devel] Long Running Program Just Dies

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:57 AM, David Ruggles <da...@safedatausa.com>
wrote:
> Ok, I finally got enough of something working to get the following Call
> Stack on the crash. The error was:
> First-chance exception at 0x77fcb333 in rexx.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
> violation writing location 0x00000000.
> Unhandled exception at 0x77fcb333 in rexx.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation
> writing location 0x00000000.
>
> Does this mean anything to you guys?

An attempt to write to location zero means a bad pointer was picked up
somewhere.  Unfortunately, the stack trace below doesn't really make
much sense, but it's possible that the problem might be in the rexxsql
code.  The one ooRexx stack frame between the top and the rexxsql
entries doesn't really make much sense to me....not sure how you could
get from an NTDLL stack frame directly into a RexxCode::run() entry.
However, the point where it makes the jump to rexxsql stack frames
doesn't make any sense at all either.  I'm guessing some memory
overlay has happened that uas corrupted some of the ooRexx objects.

However, the call to cacheActivation() raises a little bit of a red
flag for me.  Rony ran into some problems with his multithreaded
BSFRexx tests in exactly that code.  There's a good chance this is
already fixed in the current code base.

Rick

>        NTDLL.DLL!77fcb333()
>        [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded
for
> NTDLL.DLL]
>        NTDLL.DLL!77fcaeed()
>        NTDLL.DLL!77fcb4be()
>        NTDLL.DLL!77fcb618()
>>       rexx.dll!RexxCode::run(RexxActivity * activity=0x00000024,
> RexxMethod * method=0x0092f118, RexxObject * receiver=0x0092f118,
RexxString
> * msgname=0x7ffdf000, RexxObject * * argPtr=0x00000000, unsigned int
> argcount=720896, ProtectedObject & result={...})  Line 136      C++
>        NTDLL.DLL!77f89d99()
>        KERNEL32.DLL!7c5aa088()
>        KERNEL32.DLL!7c58dc97()
>        rexxsql.dll!010bbab4()
>        rexxsql.dll!010ba9c7()
>        rexxsql.dll!010b1048()
>        rexx.dll!RexxCode::run(RexxActivity * activity=0x7fce94a0,
> RexxMethod * method=0x0092f274, RexxObject * receiver=0x0021bd14,
RexxString
> * msgname=0x7eee6290, RexxObject * * argPtr=0x0092f284, unsigned int
> argcount=2127647, ProtectedObject & result={...})  Line 136     C++
>        rexx.dll!RexxString::getHashValue()  Line 99    C++
>        rexx.dll!RexxString::hash()  Line 87    C++
>        rexx.dll!RexxHashTable::hashStringIndex(RexxObject *
obj=0x7fce94a0)
> Line 141 + 0x1f bytes   C++
>        rexx.dll!RexxHashTable::stringGet(RexxString * _index=0x7f481e64)
> Line 1199 + 0xc bytes   C++
>        rexx.dll!RexxVariableDictionary::resolveVariable(RexxString *
> name=0x00000007)  Line 79       C++
>        7eee6350()
>        rexx.dll!RexxVariable::cache(RexxVariable * next=0x7eee0d60)  Line
> 87 + 0x11 bytes C++
>        rexx.dll!RexxStack::push(RexxObject * obj=0x7f481db8)  Line 65  C++
>        rexx.dll!ActivityManager::cacheActivation(RexxActivationBase *
> activation=0x7f481db8)  Line 497        C++
>        rexx.dll!RexxActivity::popStackFrame(bool reply=true)  Line 1453
> C++
>        0092f378()
>        rexx.dll!RexxCode::run(RexxActivity * activity=0x00000000,
> RexxMethod * method=0x7f481db8, RexxObject * receiver=0x7f481db8,
RexxString
> * msgname=0x0092f38c, RexxObject * * argPtr=0x001ff9f6, unsigned int
> argcount=1226630284, ProtectedObject & result={...})  Line 136  C++
>        rexx.dll!RexxStack::pop()  Line 135     C++
>        rexx.dll!ActivityManager::newActivation(RexxActivity *
> activity=0x0092f320, RexxMethod * method=0x7fce8d98, RexxCode *
> code=0x001d2e66)  Line 405      C++
>        0092f3a0()
>        rexx.dll!holdObject(RexxInternalObject * o=0x7fce8d98)  Line 414 +
> 0x15 bytes      C++
>        rexx.dll!ProtectedObject::~ProtectedObject()  Line 108  C++
>        rexx.dll!RexxMethod::run(RexxActivity * activity=0x7f55f010,
> RexxObject * receiver=0x7eee6250, RexxString * msgname=0x7eee02b8,
> RexxObject * * argPtr=0x0092f404, unsigned int count=1921471,
> ProtectedObject & result={...})  Line 327 + 0xf bytes   C++
>        rexx.dll!RexxObject::messageSend(RexxString * msgname=0x0092f424,
> RexxObject * * arguments=0x001b5c65, unsigned int count=2129552240,
> ProtectedObject & result={...})  Line 793       C++
>        rexx.dll!RexxMemory::envelopeMutex()  + 0x7 bytes       C++
>        00000030()
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Ruggles
> CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+