On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Rick McGuire <object.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Bruce Skelly has accepted an invitation
> to become a committer to the ooRexx project.  Bruce has recently
> stepped up to task of pulling together an install package for the Mac
> OS package, the first for the ooRexx 4.x versions.  We're excited to
> add Mac skills to the ooRexx development team and we're looking
> forward to Bruce
> being involved in more aspects of the ooRexx project.  Please join me
> in congratulating Bruce on this achievement.

Congratulations Bruce.

On a related note, of the last 3 patches you submitted, I only applied
one because I was pretty sure you were going to be invited to become a
committer.

There is nothing wrong with the other two patches, I just thought you
might like to commit the changes yourself as a committer.  You should
commit those changes to trunk and if you are confident of them to the
4.0.1 branch also.

I personally prefer the sub-dirctory name of macosx over darwin.  Your
arguments for darwin were good and I'm sure you are correct that
darwin is a good choice.  But, for non-Mac people like me, darwin
still sounds transitory and macosx is instantly recognizable.

If you are not familiar with subversion and a little unsure of exactly
how to do a commit, just post some questions here, we were all in that
boat at some time.