We haven't had any bugs opened specifically for the beta 1 build.

There was just this one: 2981692  rpm installation hangs starting
rxapi, where the reporter mentioned that he saw the same thing on
4.0.1.  I fixed that.

So, I think we should maybe do a beta 2, and if no one reports any
bugs within a reasonably short time, do a final release.

Objections / comments?

I can do some builds this weekend.  Bruce, if you want to get your Mac
changes in the code base for a 4.0.1 release, you should go ahead and
commit them.  You really should build a 4.0.1 Mac installer from the
actual source code for 4.0.1.

I'm going on vacation the second week in May, so I sort of would like
to get 4.0.1 released before that.  I'm not pushing that, we can
always do release when I get back.  But, since it doesn't seem like
people are opening bugs, it seems reasonable to go ahead and do the
release.  (Then people will open bugs, once it is released.  <grin>)