On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Gil Barmwater <gbarmwa...@alum.rpi.edu> wrote:

> Having spent some time reading parts of the code now, I have made some
> modifications which I will send to Rick for possible inclusion.  One was
> a bug I believe and I changed the "option attributes", e.g. multilines,
> to use the ::attribute vs ::method ... attribute for consistency.
> Mainly, though, I changed the ::constants for the options to allow for
> use of abbreviations (as in the traditional BIFs) and moved them to the
> RegexCompiler class as that is the only location that I could find where
> they are used.  Added comments where appropriate as well.

That sounds good Gil.

It's up to Rick, because he may be actively changing code, but is it
possible for you to submit a patch rather than sending the changes
directly to Rick.  I'm interested in seeing what your changes are, as
opposed to what Rick is changing.  If it is easier for Rick to do a
merge with your changes sent directly to him, then that's fine.