On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:22 AM, David Ashley
<david.ashley....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I know we have seen this error before but I can't find my notes about
> how to fix it.
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
> 2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\NewAPIs.h(325) : error C2440: '=' : cannot
> convert from 'BOOL (__stdcall *)(LPCTSTR,LPTSTR,DWORD)' to 'DWORD (__stdcall
> *)(LPCTSTR,LPTSTR,DWORD)'
>
>         This conversion requires a reinterpret_cast, a C-style cast or
> function-style cast
>
> Could you refresh my memory?

Hmm, I thought that the code, in trunk, that needed NewAPIs had been
removed.  I guess not, (I assume you are building from trunk, and not
from one of the prior release trees.)

The problem is that the NewAPIs.h in that specific version of the
platform SDK has a bug in it.  Microsoft fixed it in later SDK
releases.  The solution was to either: edit NewAPIs.h to fix the bug,
replace the file with one from a later SDK, or use a later SDK.

I'll have to look through some stuff to remember the exact edit that
is needed.  I believe it is simply edit line 325 in NewAPIs.h to
change the BOOL to DWORD.