On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 8:08 AM, David Ashley
<david.ashley....@gmail.com> wrote:

>  No, they do not. In the postinstall section of the RPM spec file we run
> ldconfig after all the files have been installed. ldconfig is smart enough to
> look in all the subdirs of /usr/lib and put them in the library search path as
> well.

That doesn't seem to be the case though.  I thought that ldconfig
might do that, but it doesn't seem to do that.

Fedora Core 13 64-bit specifically didn't work.  But, I only did a
quick test, maybe there was some other reason the interpreter wouldn't
run.

Doing a Google search also seemed to point to the conclusion that
symbolic links needed to be created.  I started with debian
documentation though, where the writers seem to be adverse to stating
things simply.  <grin>