On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Oliver Sims
<oliver.s...@simsassociates.co.uk> wrote:
> OK, I've got the proper config file loaded up, and have downloaded the
> command line SVN provided as part of Tortoise (I just didn't include it at
> install-time before). Btw, I've also found out how to set properties with
> the GUI version - but only one file at time it appears.
>
> A couple of questions if I may:

Oliver, you're making this way more complicated than it need be.  ;-)

The answer to all your questions is: just leave every thing alone.
The config file will ensure that any new files you commit will have
the properties automatically set to match what we wanted for the
project.

I'll take a look at the existing files and fix anything that needs it.

> (1) I understand that I should set properties on all the files whose types
> appear under [auto-props] in the config file - and of course that I should
> set them to the values shown in the config file. Is this correct?

No, not really.  Just leave the existing files alone.  When you commit
any new file, things will automatically be done correctly, you don't
need to think about it.

> (2) Does this mean that I should NOT have any file types that are NOT shown
> in the config file?

No, it just means the default for that type of file is fine.  You
don't need to think about it.

> (3) Do other properties that are already set count? For example, on one bmp
> file I looked at the property is:  svn:mime-type application/octet-stream.
> However, the config file says bmp is svn:mime-type=image/bmp. Is it OK just
> to add the latter? Or should I ensure that the only properties set are those
> shown under [auto-props] in the config file?

No, just leave everything alone, it'll be fine.

> (4) Finally, is it only Exercise06 I need to fix? Or should I check
> elsewhere (I've recently updated a couple of files from earlier exercises)?

Don't worry about it.  From now on, when you commit a new file, things
will be set correctly.  That's all we need at this point.

> PS: Btw, I assume it's the build tools that use these properties. Does
> anything else use them?

Not realy.  It just ensures that if someone checks the files out on
Linux, or Mac, etc.. they get the proper line setting.