>> subfunction RXMSQNAME is invoked for the BIF RxQueue("set", newName).
>> Independent of returning REXX_EXIT_NOT_HANDLED or REXX_EXIT_HANDLED, the
>> name change is carried out, on the Rexx side the old queue name is returned
>> (initially "SESSION"). Is this o.k.?
> Not sure I understand what you're asking here.
>From the documentation in rexxpg.pdf for RXMSQNAM:

    Sets the name of the active external data queue.

    . When called: Called by the RXQUEUE("SET", newname) built-in function.

    . Default action: Change the current default queue to newname.

    . Exit action: Change the default queue name for the data queue that the
exit handler provided.

So far the "Exit action" would describe what the exit is supposed to do. As
English is not my mother
tongue I would also be able to read that such, that I was supposed to change
the default queue name
and if I do not do it, then it should not get changed.

However, when running the exit, not changing the default queue name (I wouldn't
actually know how to
do that from native code) and returning RXEXIT_HANDLED, still the default queue
name gets changed.

Reading over this explanation, maybe what is meant in "Exit action" is
something like: take note of
the new external queue name supplied to your exit?

---rony