Oliver,

Be sure and read the tortiseSVN guide I pointed you to.  I didn't read
it, but I'm sure it explains how to use svn+ssh with tortiseSVN.

You are going to need to use svn+ssh to commit for now to prevent
corruption.  Once you get it set up, it is just as easy to work with
as it was before.

This post of mine:

Command line svn+ssh in Windows directions

also explains how to generate the private key you will need.