On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM, CVBruce <cvbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it not make sense to either create a man page for ooRexx, or to create
> a link to the existing rexx man page.

Hi Bruce,

I'm not sure what you mean by "or to create a link to the existing
rexx man page"  Actually, I guess I'm just not sure what you mean at
all.

Are you saying you would rather have the man page named ooRexx than
rexx?  Or ... what?  ;-)

The rpm and deb installers correctly set up the man pages on Linux.
The executable is named rexx.  On Unix-like systems, you typically
type "man <nameOfExecutable>" to get a hint as to what some executable
is.  So, on Linux, the installers do what is typically expected by a
Linux user.

I have no idea what that translates into on a Mac.  For instance
neither my mother nor by brother would have any concept typing 'man'.
It seems to me, that most Mac users just use the GUI part of a Mac in
a way similar to Windows users.

What would make the most sense to me is to set up the ooRexx reference
manuals in the way the typical Mac user expects to find documentation
on the things they install.  I probably know closely about 20 or 25
people who use a Mac.  Not a one of them knows anything about 'man'
and I doubt that any of them has every used a command prompt on their
Macs